Saturday, July 21, 2007

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (REVIEW)




Yesterday I saw the movie I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry. Going into this movie, I had no expectations but to see an Adam Sandler movie. While the movie perpetuated a number of stereotypes, I can honestly say the movie made me laugh the entire way through. In this movie, Chuck, a Brooklyn firefighter, marrys Larry, another firefighter, in order to reap the legal benefits. The marriage turns out to be more complicated than they expected, and when people find out, they find themselves fighting the same stereotypes that homosexuals face on a daily basis. Overall, I would applaud this movies efforts because I believe it's producers were making an honest attempt to end certain stereotypes, and one of the ways of doing that is through humor. People would not be inclined to sit through a movie if they felt they were going to be lectured on stereotypes; however, the movies genuine comic appeal will attract large audiences and hopefully deliver a powerful message of acceptance.
Watch the trailer here:

No comments: