Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Since 2007...

Originally I created this blog for a course I was taking in 2007. Since then I've gone on to earn a Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration. After taking the course, I stopped blogging, but looking back I wish I continued. There is a lot going on in the world right now which points at American Values, The most prominent topic for instance likely being the race for the white house presidency. It's occurred to me that all of the Republican candidates are against gay marriage. I always find myself remembering a quote that goes, "In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America." Obviously we are not governed by a theocracy, but it seems as if certain religious groups seem to want a foothold in dictating policy for the entire country based on their religious beliefs. Trying to cover everything that's happened in five years is somewhat overwhelming, so if you have any questions, let me know. Otherwise the blog will just continue from where we are now...

No comments: